Welcome to the Finger Lakes! Our theme song:


In a town this size, there's no place to hide
Everywhere you go, you meet someone you know...
In a smokey bar, in the backseat of your car
In your own little house, someone's sure to find you out
What you do and what you think
What you eat and what you drink...

(Kieran Kane)

Thursday, October 21, 2010

NPR fires Juan Williams


Reliable liberal commentator and long time NPR regular Juan Williams has also been a frequent guest on Fox News.  Juan exceeded NPR's free speech limits when he appeared on Bill O'Reilly's Fox show and said what most folks are afraid to admit:
 "Look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."
In a press release, taxpayer-supported NPR explained:
NPR News has terminated the contract of longtime news analyst Juan Williams after remarks he made on the Fox News Channel about Muslims.
While Juan has has reliably supported big-government liberalism over the years, he's an American and refuses to be intimidated by our enemies.  He'll find another job.

Update:

Glenn Beck is pointing out that NPR just received a huge donation from George Soros.  Beck questions the timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment